Wednesday, October 14, 2020

1st thing from the log

 The 1st goal is a coffee table.  But 1st, what did I want it to look like?


I wanted to replace the stack of books under my monitors, so  I made mini coffee tables.

My wife saw them & wanted one for herself so I made one with live edges with the bark.  Here you can see 3 tops and the 3 bases stacked underneath.  The tops are about 1/4", maybe a bit less.

You can see a mallet I made from a maple tree that fell on my neighbor's yard.  I made one for him too.






At work.  You can see the 2 different styles.  My wife's one has dowels holding the stretchers and aprons to the outside of the legs.

This is from a pine branch that fell in my backyard 2 years earlier.  The post & the holes it goes through are tapered & staked.






No comments:

Post a Comment